Set up rules to automatically send emails to members before or after certain dates pertaining to their subscriptions.
Activating the Module
This module can be activated from your WordPress admin by navigating to WordPay, then Settings. Under the General tab, ensure that the Email Reminders checkbox is checked, then click Save Changes.
Creating Email Reminders
Generate a new email reminder from your WordPress admin menu by clicking WordPay, then Email Reminders. On the next screen, click Add New to create your new email reminder.
Each email reminder has several configurable options:
- Title – Enter the name of this email reminder.
- Trigger Event – Enter the trigger event for the email reminder. For example: 10 Days before Subscription Expires.
- Email Subject – Enter the email reminder subject. You can use any of the available tags from the sidebar.
- Email Content – Enter the email reminder content. You can use any of the available tags from the sidebar.
- Subscription(s) – Select the subscription(s) to which this email reminder should be sent.
- Status – Select the email reminder status.
Click Save discount to save your new email reminder.
Selecting Trigger Events
Email reminders can automatically be sent using a trigger event. Specific trigger events can be selected from the dropdown:
- after Member Signs Up – triggered after a new subscription becomes active.
- after Member Abandons Signup – triggered after a new subscription is created and remains pending for the amount of time selected.
- before Subscription Expires – triggered before or after a member’s subscription expires.
- before Subscription Renews Automatically – triggered before or after the renewal date of a subscription.
- since Last Login – triggered after a member has been inactive on your site for a given amount of time.
The amount of time (hours, days, weeks, or months) relative to the trigger event can be selected from the dropdown.
Please ensure that the email reminder’s Status is set to Active for it to be triggered.